Do you have long-term pain or care for someone living with chronic pain? Are you looking for better ways to manage pain?
Join the Area Agency on Aging District 7 on Wednesdays from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM starting September 6 for a FREE six week class to learn how to take control of your pain.
This class is targeted towards individuals age 60 and over. Come learn proven strategies to manage chronic pain and feel better. Topics covered include:
- Setting and achieving personal goals.
- Strategies to deal with pain, stress, fatigue and depression.
- Using physical ability to improve strength and flexibility.
- Using medications safely and effectively.
- Communicating with your doctor and your family about your pain.
A free book, "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain", will be offered to all participants.
Pre-registration is required by August 30. To register, please call Vicki Woyan at 1-800-582-7277 x 215 or e-mail email@example.com.